Thursday, March 11, 2010

So a Mini Album" to be" became a Birthday Card for a Friend

So it all started with some empty boxes of cereal. My Dad brings me his and I save ours. I was looking at them the other day - thinking how much I really missed making scrapbook pages or mini albums. If you've noticed I'm into cards (fast and easy) or crocheting lately.

So I took a bunch of the cereal boxes and the SU! scalloped Sizzix die. And made a bunch of mini pages - a bunch of stuff later from my massive stash - and I had a mini album - well sort a - I decided to make it into a Birthday Card for my friend Lori.

Course - those of you that know me IRL know that I often decide close to a "deadline" to make something - so in typical fashion I decided to make a coordinating box a half hour before I left the house - its "pretty" but a smidge too small LOL

Although the box has some "issues" since its the first I made of this type - I really really really like the way it looks - I love the thick ribbon (which when I first got it I felt was too thick to work with) and the clear sticker is great on the cover. I will be doing this again.

Da Cover


The first two pages - with my personal note in the pocket on the right page.


I like to hide "goodies" in the pockets - like this butterfly.

Isn't that little bird in the cage cute? Its from one of the SU! Saleabration sets - I forget the name and will check and hopefully add it later.
I had fun finding all my "friends" quotes etc in my stash.

Another - pocket - so I "hid" another saying


Ever have a "page" that comes out in a way that you just LOVE - and know you have to repeat again SOON? Well this is the one from this project. The bird is from the new SU! bird punch. Its hard to see but the navy background is dry embossed with a cuttlebug folder. The text is a stamp I've had forever that says Love Live Laugh..and ya gotta love the pearl "bling"!


The ending... I had fun heat embossing with the SU! Vintage Vogue set and some random stash friends stuff.
Have y'all heard of the Sounds Easy Voice Recorder? It allows you to make 30 separate 30 second voice recordings. Wouldn't this have been a perfect album - IF I'd thought about it in time - I could have asked a few of her friends to record a message for her and the recorder that also plays back the sounds would have made a great gift for her. Here is the link to their home page.
If you've been here for a while my 7/31/09 post Sounds of Summer shown here
uses this product and I love it!!
Ok - I've sure turned this into a LONG LONG post - sorry but I was "excited" to share.
Hope ya'll enjoyed it - thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Wow! Wow! I love EVERYTHING about this...what else can I say???

    ReplyDelete