Monday, April 8, 2013

A few Cards and an update

Well - I'm back...can't believe its been so long but I'm back into regularly crafting and (hopefully) regularly posting. Lately I've become mostly a card maker - although scrapbooking is still in my plans for the summer. I just took the plunge and did something I've wanted to do for along time - signed up with Stampin Up as a demo. I love their stuff and mostly use it so....

Here are a couple of cards that I've made lately that I love
This card started as a way to use up my stash of buttons. This card uses two of my paper crafting obsessions - clouds and banners. 

I was so pleased with the above card that I decided to try it again. This time I used the SU! owl punch and the clouds are the tops of the SU! cupcake punch. I seem to love dimension on my cards - which makes for difficult mailing. As both my DDs will be away starting this summer I've tried to make more mailable cards. So instead of buttons I layered cardstock circle punches ontop of each other and punched holes to make them look like buttons. Once I had tied the bakers twine I covered with with crystal effects to look shiny like real buttons.

This is an old retired SU rose set. I've used two of my favorites - newsprint DSP and the new SU! hexagon embossing folder


This is not the best picture but I really like the dimension of the flowers created by curling the petals over my stylus. Again an attempt for texture without creating bulk. Hopefully this will be mailable.

Thats all for now. Thanks for anyone who may be visiting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment