Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Cards

I started this blog for a couple of reasons -some of which are to be more consistently creative and to broaden my crafting horizons. I thought it would help me to try some challenges. So today's post is my version of a sketch from My Time to Create from Lauren Meader at her blog http://laurenm.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/ but I don't know how to post the example here. Sorry!!
I used SU! bashful blue cardstock, SU! Friends 24-7 , scraps from a K and Co pad, SU! bashful blue ribbon and my stash of navy ribbon, a random Dream stamp I had but don't know who made, versamark, SU! clear embossing powder, SU! punches - oval, curvey label

Here is a second version of the same card

On this one I put a strip of the patterned paper on top of the bashful blue ribbon and I used the designer label SU! punch as well.

Now my next challenge to myself is to actually MAIL some of the cards that I make!! Do you guys collect cards or send them?

Thanks for stopping by!

Andrea

3 comments:

  1. Nice job with the sketch - Ilike the colors in that DP. TO post Lauren's sketch image you right click on it on any of our web pages - choose save this image - then you add it to your blog like any other image. You don't have to post the sketch image to play and we're glad to played along this week. Come back agian on Saturday for a new challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cards. Glad you could join me at Craft it Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute! congrats on setting up your blog!

    ReplyDelete